Cross Connection Devices: Inspection, Maintenance, and Testing
End Date: 11/09/2018 5:00pm
City of Salem Water Treatment Plant
1300 Tidewater Street
Salem, VA 24153
This three (3) day training course is offered in support of the Safe Drinking Water Act and Virginia Waterworks Regulations. It is designed to prepare participants to test, inspect, and provide in-line maintenance of reduced pressure zone and other backflow prevention devices. Training includes both classroom and hands-on instruction with actual devices. This training is DPOR approved by the Board of Contractors for Backflow Prevention Device Workers and the Board for Waterworks and Wastewater Works Operators for Operator credit.
This training course addresses the following topics:
- Definitions and related terms
- Types of backflow protection devices and equipment
- In-line inspection and maintenance
- Hands-on practice with test equipment
- Controlling agencies and regulations
- Cross-connection record-keeping
- Examples of cross connections
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who will find this course beneficial include:
- Water and Wastewater Utility Personnel
- Plumbers - all grades
- Building and plumbing officials
- Plumbing and public utility inspectors
- Building maintenance specialists
Classroom and hands-on instruction will be provided by Wade Hill of Wade in Cross Connection.
This training program is being presented by the Virginia Section AWWA. The City of Salem Water Treatment Plant is graciously allowing the use of their facilities to provide a wet-laboratory for hands-on training.