2017 Fall Cross Connection Control Training
End Date: 11/16/2017 5:00 pm
City of Salem Water Treatment Plant
1300 Tidewater St
Salem, VA 24153
Registration Fee $225
This three (3) day training course is offered in support of the Safe Drinking Water Act and Virginia Waterworks Regulations. It is designed to prepare participants to test, inspect, and provide in-line maintenance of reduced pressure zone and other backflow prevention devices. Training includes both classroom and hands-on instruction with actual devices.
This training course addresses the following topics:
- Definitions and related terms
- Types of backflow protection devices and equipment
- In-line inspection and maintenance
- Hands-on practice with test equipment
- Controlling agencies and regulations
- Cross-connection record-keeping
- Examples of cross connections
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who will find this course beneficial include:
- Water and Wastewater Utility Personnel
- Plumbers - all grades
- Building and plumbing officials
- Plumbing and public utility inspectors
- Building maintenance specialists
Classroom and hands-on instruction will be provided by Wade Hill of Wade in Cross Connection, with assistance from Virginia Department of Health representatives and the American Backflow
This training program is being presented by the Virginia Section AWWA with support from the Virginia Department of Health, Office of Drinking Water. The City of Salem Water Treatment Plant is graciously allowing the use of their facilities to provide a wet-laboratory for hands-on training.