2019 Lab Analyst Excellence Award Nomination being accepted
End Date: 02/15/2019 11:59pm
VA AWWA / VWEA Lab Practices Committee
Seeks Candidates for 2019 Lab Analyst Excellence Award
One of the best ways to acknowledge an exceptional performer is by nominating them for an award. For lab folks, VA AWWA / VWEA offers the Lab Analyst Excellence Award. Eligibility and criteria requirements for the award are listed below.
- MEMBERSHIP – The candidate does not have to be a member of the Water Environment Federation at the time of nomination. The association will award a membership to the winner, if the awardee is not a current member.
- EMPLOYMENT – Must be employed at an industrial, commercial, or municipal laboratory facility that conducts water and wastewater analyses.
- RESPONSIBILITIES – The candidate must have direct responsibilities for analytical bench testing and/or field-testing of water or wastewater samples.
- RECOGNITION – Only those who have not been recognized by this award before are eligible. Non-winning nominees may be nominated again. One nominee per facility per year.
- INITIATIVE – The nominee must have shown initiative in pursuing innovative bench or field technique improvements.
- The nominee must have performed duties consistently as outlined by laboratory or field sampling/analytical methods.
- Their performance must demonstrate a commitment to high quality control standards.
- The nominee must be conscientious about laboratory or field safety requirements.
- ABILITY – The nominee’s abilities must include problem solving.
- PERSPECTIVE – perspective should be dutiful and conscientious.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – The nominee’s actions should demonstrate a commitment to professional development; e.g. by maintaining active membership in professional associations and/or through continuing education.
The deadline for nomination packages is February 15, 2019 – don’t let this recognition opportunity pass you by.
For more information and nomination forms, please contact Lea Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.