The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is an international, nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply. With more then 50,000 members, it is the largest organization of water professionals in the world. AWWA offers membership options designed to benefit all drinking water professionals – including utility staff, engineers, regulators and manufacturers – as well as interested students.
If you live in Virginia, you become a member of the VA AWWA when you join AWWA. As a very active organization, comprised of over 1,300 members, we have a great deal to offer our members. In addition to the advantages of AWWA membership, VA AWWA provides:
- Numerous opportunities to connect with your Virginia drinking water colleagues, through avenues such as our well-attended Annual Meeting, committee activities, and various social events,
- Section and industry information through the Virginia Section Magazine and this website,
- Nationally-recognized education and training events, designed to provide you with skills and knowledge to advance your career,
- Information that you need to participate in Virginia's legislative and regulatory process; and,
- Opportunities to get involved in the work of our committees, meet people with similar interests, and contribute to progress of VA AWWA.
For more information or for answers to your questions, contact the Membership Engagement Committee Chair—see the Membership Engagement Committee page for contact information.